Monday, April 06, 2009

Didn't win the lottery... but!

Apparently there is an appliance virus going around our neighborhood. Last night our neighbors called us up to ask if they could cook a couple frozen pizzas in our oven, because theirs wasn't working. I said sure, if we could come over and dry a load of laundry! Never thought I'd be swapping appliance use.

The good news however, is that today the dryer repair guy came and was able to fix our dryer for free under the service plan we have! Almost as good as winning the lottery. But seriously, it's good to finally have all the appliances working again.

The weekend was pretty mellow like I thought it would be. The coolest thing was just a visit to the Zoo Megan and I did. We visited the Farm Babies, which honestly was just a visit to the Farm Animals. We did see one baby cow, but Megan was too busy playing on the tractor to notice. She did like the baby chicks, and said those were her favorite.

Megan and Andrea are still getting over some pretty bad colds they got after coming back from vacation. It's been a rough week during the nights with Megan. Her inability to breath causes her to wake herself up and subsequently, us. Last night was the worst, as she had such a bad coughing fit she ended up throwing up in her bed. Hopefully they are on the up swing, as of now I have no real symptoms. Will I dodge this bullet?

1 comment:

Andi said...

I even tried to wash clothes and hang them up to dry- sometimes it worked but as I had no fabric softener some of those cotton t-shirts and towels became stiff as boards! Too funny, and glad I don't have to worry about it anymore.