Saturday, August 22, 2009

Is it over yet?

Horribly long week. Right now, all the girls in the house, even Andrea are all taking an afternoon nap. I just got finished with a 5 mile bike ride / 5 mile run combo. Have a few minutes to myself, so figured it was about that time.

Why was this week so long you ask? Work mostly. This may sound arrogant, but I'm no dummy. I don't go through my day blissfully unaware of my surroundings. I pride myself on my attention to detail. This means that when push comes to shove, I know what needs to be done and I know what has to change in order for things to work. And I do that, ignoring consequences, ignoring what others might think, I get things done.

There is a flip side to being so in tune with what is going on around you. It means I'm also typically aware of impending shit storms. It seems so painfully obvious to me why things are going south at work, and also what it would really take to fix them. Sadly, it's also clear that nothing is ever going to change. The machine must roll on. Innovation is a dirty word. The idea of rewriting 10 year old software from the ground up in order to stay competitive, just isn't viewed as a sound investment. I'm gonna go ahead and say "bad idea" and in a few years, I'll look back and say "Told you so." The hard part will be convincing myself to stick with my long term plan, when I know things are just going to get worse before they get better.

On a totally different subject, my brother of all people, finally motivated me to do something I've been thinking I should do for quite some time. Ever since I removed the TV from my house, I've been wondering what the hell I'm going to do with my massive 230+ DVD collection. Well, I've decided. I'm selling the whole lot, minus a select few. Interested in buying a few movies? Here's the full list:

200+ DVD movies, most $2-$4

The funny part about putting this list of movies together, was the discovery that I actually had two completely unopened movies. I never even realized that. A friend of mine at work already has an order going, he said he was going to buy 20-30. I told him he could have first dibs, and the same would go for anyone else. (i.e. first come, first serve). And the special deal for family/friends is $1 dollar off every 2 movies you buy. Interested? Drop me an email or phone call.

1 comment:

Gayle said...

I might like all the Harry Potter ones and anything that Megan might like to watch, although I didn't really see any (like I'd know anything bout movies, right?).
Mom