Sunday, August 30, 2009

10 years and 2 days

Andrea and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary last Friday. After coming home from a horrible grocery shopping trip today, and now listening to Casey wail up a storm... you have to remind yourself, it's all worth it right?

Of course it is, but things aren't always peaches and cream. No day is without it's challenges. Andrea and I are under a lot of stress, perhaps more than we've ever dealt with and there are only minor signs of improvement as we survive the first 3 months with Casey. I say survive in the most literal of terms. If you asked me right now if I was up, down, happy, depressed, or anything in between, I'd respond with a blank stare. Those questions have no meaning when you are in survival mode. Interesting (or ironic?) how that works, isn't it?

Friday we dropped the girls off at Grandma Gayle's, who with some assistance, was nice enough to watch them for the majority of the day. Andrea and I enjoyed lunch at Houlihan's, and then a movie, District 9, which we both enjoyed a lot. After that, we hung out at Grandma's house to veg out for the rest of the evening and a Chinese food dinner. I've been trying to recover from all that overeating the rest of the weekend (approx. 25 miles running in 2 days).

As I previously mentioned, Saturday was the baby shower over at our place. Everything went great, and Andrea is happy it was so successful. The funny thing that happened was at the end. As guests were leaving, someone found a baby kitten hiding in our drive way. I didn't want the first thing to do with it, and my cousin walked it around the houses near us but couldn't find an owner. It had a collar with a bell on it, so it definitely belonged to someone.

Long story short, Megan found the cat again after we went outside. It looked so helpless, I decided to take it in with the hopes of finding the owners. If I couldn't, the cat was going to the humane society by 11am today. Plus, it gave Megan and I something to do yesterday afternoon, as we walked house to house asking if anyone had lost a cat (I brought a picture of the cat along). Turned out to belong to a nearby neighbor, they just weren't home yesterday. They stopped by this morning and took the cat home. Whewww, one less problem to deal with.



In other news, I was given a green light to buy a new computer, in part, as something to help me deal with my stress. The computer won't even arrive here for another week, and I've already bought a new game, with another one in my sights. More on that as it unfolds...

No comments: