Monday, August 03, 2009

New Month

Had one of those, "Oh, it's August?" moments this weekend. Sorta snuck up on me. Casey is 10 weeks old today and so far, has got into a semi normal routine. She is usually sleeping by 8pm, with two over night feedings. One around 2-3am, and a second before dawn, at 5-6am. I think her daytime routine still varies a bit.

The weekend was fun, a mix of relaxing and busy. Saturday was just chilling for the most part, about all I did was an early morning bike ride with my neighbor. Sunday was go go go, as I did a 16 miler in the morning. A zoo visit with Megan after that. And then an afternoon date day with Andrea, as we saw the movie Funny People and did a real fast early dinner at Red Lobster.

This month also marks the start of something else new for us. We've signed Megan up for a week long school program. As Fancy Nancy would say, "full time school" is a fancy way of saying "daycare". Today was her first day, and she seemed to handle it just fine. We went with a brand new Primrose School location that just got built this summer. It's right on the way to-from work, and only a few miles from home. Having just been built, everything in it is brand spanking new, giving it even more of that "cool for the kids" factor. They even have computers in the preschool rooms. We will probably only do it for this month, for a few reasons. The main thing is that she will start up some other programs and ECFE classes again in the fall.

I uploaded 72 pictures from my camera today. The majority of that is because Megan now knows how to operate the camera. She will often run around with it when I don't realize it and just take random pictures all day. Or videos of me playing video games. Anyway, thought I'd get a few new ones up, as I haven't posted any pics in awhile.







1 comment:

Sarah said...

Think about getting Megan her own camera. We got Melanie one for her birthday and she loves it. Check out vtechkids.com. We got Melanie the Kidzoom Plus. It can take video as well as still photos, has neat frames they can add to photos, and has games too. It is a "kid tough" camera so you wouldn't have to worry about her dropping yours. I highly recommend it anyway.