Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Posting with a Purpose

One of the biggest roadblocks in posting on a more regular basis (aside from the time factor) is that often times I have nothing interesting to say, mention, or report on. What then, is the point? Let's be honest, I live a pretty routine life. There is nothing wrong with that, in fact, I like routine.

If I wanted, I could blab on and on about work. The politics, the stupid games people play, and even my own dumb approaches to things. Even I find myself being quick to judge someone harshly or place blame incorrectly for why something might be broken, or why we so often find ourselves in situations where shit isn't done when it's supposed to be. Then I sit back and see, I'm just as much a part of the stupid game as everyone else. That realization itself frustrates the shit out of me. I want to be better. I want to make a difference. I want to have an idea that makes everyone go "oh shit, we need to pay that guy more." Is that wrong?

Yes, I'm somewhat coming full circle again. Not so much because I hate my job, or because I dislike what I do. No, not this time. I actually do enjoy, on some level, what I do. More importantly, there are a few fun people that I work with, and that's a huge plus. This time, it's more about the fact that I do wish I could have a million dollar idea (that isn't a lottery ticket) Hell, I'd settle for a $100k idea. Just to be able to say, hey, I had this idea, and it was worth something. The closest I've ever come, was my first job. Long story short, I came up with an idea that changed a part of the manufacturing process (via software I wrote), that resulted in less wasted product. At the time, I saw it as fixing a minor area where we were in essence, "throwing away good parts". Turns out, after one of the equipment engineers ran the numbers, I ended up creating a savings of around $30k every two weeks. I think my entire 5+ year career there was paid for in a few months with that idea. Too bad I couldn't just pocket that instead.

I don't know where I was going with this post, and so maybe it's best to just end on a random note. When I sat down to post tonight, I started with a totally different blog title and a totally different purpose. But now it's past 10pm, and I want to start running again in 7 hours, so I had better get some sleep. Maybe I'll post my thoughts on "moral flexibility" tomorrow...

3 comments:

Andi said...

Oh hey everyone-- we figured out the problem with Megan a couple weeks back. Apparantly she was going through second-stage jealousy. There's initial jealousy of the new baby from 0-3 mo then there was a honeymoon period of three mo and then when the baby starts to crawl there's a resurgence of attention getting behavior on the part of the older sibling. So it's not totally us, we're not crazy, it's normal.

Anonymous said...

usefull nihyn

[url=http://googlfmud.blogspot.com]google for mudd[/url]
[url=http://hal-poste-goog.blogspot.com]halo poster google[/url]
[url=http://fabr-shee-c.blogspot.com]fabric sheets cat[/url]
[url=http://sigpenciadvanc.blogspot.com]sigma pencil advanced[/url]
[url=http://ste-swo-shar.blogspot.com]steam sword sharp[/url]

mostly viewed ztura

Anonymous said...

[u][b]Xrumer[/b][/u]

[b]Xrumer SEO Professionals

As Xrumer experts, we possess been using [url=http://www.xrumer-seo.com]Xrumer Blast[/url] quest of a large time for the time being and remember how to harness the colossal power of Xrumer and adapt it into a Bills machine.

We also purvey the cheapest prices on the market. Diverse competitors see fit order 2x or square 3x and a end of the opportunity 5x what we pervade you. But we feel in providing gigantic help at a debilitated affordable rate. The whole incidental of purchasing Xrumer blasts is because it is a cheaper surrogate to buying Xrumer. So we aim to stifle that contemplating in mind and provide you with the cheapest censure possible.

Not simply do we be suffering with the most successfully prices but our turnaround occasion payment your Xrumer posting is super fast. We will take your posting done in the forefront you certain it.

We also cater you with a full log of well-heeled posts on contrary forums. So that you can see for yourself the power of Xrumer and how we get harnessed it to emoluments your site.[/b]


[b]Search Engine Optimization

Using Xrumer you can trust to apprehend thousands upon thousands of backlinks over the extent of your site. Myriad of the forums that your Install you will be posted on get great PageRank. Having your link on these sites can really serve build up some crown rank help links and uncommonly as well your Alexa Rating and Google PageRank rating via the roof.

This is making your position more and more popular. And with this better in celebrity as well as PageRank you can keep in view to appreciate your area absolutely downright high in those Search Locomotive Results.
Transport

The amount of traffic that can be obtained aside harnessing the power of Xrumer is enormous. You are publishing your situation to tens of thousands of forums. With our higher packages you may even be publishing your position to HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of forums. Create 1 brief on a all the rage forum will inveterately enter 1000 or so views, with announce ' 100 of those people visiting your site. Modern imagine tens of thousands of posts on popular forums all getting 1000 views each. Your see trade longing associate through the roof.

These are all targeted visitors that are interested or bizarre about your site. Envision how many sales or leads you can succeed in with this considerable gang of targeted visitors. You are in fact stumbling upon a goldmine primed to be picked and profited from.

Remember, Shipping is Money.
[/b]

TRAVERSE B RECOVER YOUR INFERIOR BLAST TODAY:


http://www.xrumer-seo.com