Thursday, August 27, 2009

Minor Mistakes

Survived the short week. It wasn't so bad, although I did end up working from home a few hours each night, for a total of something like 38 hours in 4 days. I still stick by what I said before. I've decided I'm going to put my ideas out there, and make an honest effort to push something, anything, that might be considered an innovating idea. It's one of those situations where, what's the worse that could happen? Everyone laughs and says no, go back to your cube and fall in line like the good drone you are. And then I'll still have the last laugh, when it all comes to an end and I get to yell, "Told you so!". Oops!

In other news, I had been mentally prepping all week for a 25k (15.5 mile) race this Saturday, only to come to the realization that... It isn't this Saturday. It's 3 weekends from now, and isn't even ON a Saturday. Boy do I feel stupid. The funny part is that Saturday is my sister-in-laws baby shower, and I was sort of in the dog house all this month due to having scheduled a race on the same day. Everyone is happy now to find out I was wrong, but now I'm out a free excuse to get a long run in. Oops!

Tonight I picked up Megan from daycare, and mentioned to the teacher how I thought today was her last day. I thought our plan was to do it only for August. I even said as much, in a previous post, where I said "We will probably only do it for this month...". Turns out we are going through the month of Sept. So Megan was giving hugs out to her teacher and classmates like she'd never see them again. Yeah, I'll feel sorta silly when I pick her up next Tuesday. Oops!

Still, nothing made my day like what happened tonight. Megan, Andrea and I were reading/talking about the prayer that they say at school before meals and snacks. It's a simple 4 line prayer that Megan has mostly memorized, and it ends with "Thank you, God, for everything!". Interesting I thought, but no big deal. Then Andrea asks , "Megan, do you know God is?"
Megan: "I'm God!"
Priceless, I just about spit the pudding I was eating all over the place I laughed so hard. Funniest thing that happened all week!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Ugh, Shawn makes it sound like Megan's in daycare fulltime. We did do it fulltime for two weeks to give me a chance to de-stress and catch up on some sleep with "only" a newborn baby at home. Ha! Then the rest of the time was Tues/Thur, still all day but it's not fulltime.

Then we'll make a transition on Oct 1st to Megan being home fulltime again and fill in with assorted high school child development programs this year. We're just taking things week by week.