Sunday, January 03, 2010

Belated Happy New Year

Ahhh, the dreaded week between posts. My Mom was waiting for my annual whining about New Years resolutioners packing up the gyms and taking up my treadmills. I think I'll skip that this year, try to focus on the positive? (HA, ya right!)

Busy weekend leading up to the New Years with no time to post. Thursday we had my brother and another couple over for some games. For our second game, we went with Outburst 2, which was from sometime around 1990. Damn was that funny. They left around 10pm and I rang in the new years finishing up my second (and last) play through of Dragon Age: Origins.

New Years day we didn't do much, hit the YMCA in the morning and a few shopping trips in the afternoon. Most of the evening was preparing for our overnight in New Ulm, which was Saturday to Sunday. We dropped Megan off with Grandma Gayle Sat morning and brought Casey to spend the day and night with Grandma and Papa B. We got to see Avatar which completely blew my mind. I will definitely need to see it again in the theater.

So what's next? No rambling post about goals, no reflections on this last year. 2009 was full of tough challenges that I never brought to the blog. It had it's share of positive things as well, but it sucks the way my brain always wants to dwell on the wrong things.

I do know that 2010 is going to be a big year in a lot of different ways, and I'm excited for the coming months. I'm hoping most of the challenges of this year will be mostly forgotten by the time spring rolls around, and we will all be focusing on the positive again.

No comments: