Sunday, January 17, 2010

Little bit of everything

Best words to describe this weekend. Lots of little fun stuff that added up to a decent weekend. Saturday I saw Avatar for the second time, and it was still just as good. I did pay more attention to the whole "Dances With Wolves" comparison that everyone seems so keen on mentioning, and I guess I get it. Did the natives win in that one?

Came home, grabbed Megan and went out for a treat at Cold Stone Creamery. We got inside and Megan yells out, "Look at all those flavors!" The two teenage workers just laughed saying it was the cutest thing they had ever heard. I was like, "What's the big deal? There IS a lot of flavors."

Sunday I got a run in and then enjoyed the Vikings game like most other people this weekend. It would be cool to see them win the division next week, but I'm not going to invest too much concern over it.

In other entertainment news, I've started reading Katherine Kerr novels again. This time, I only went as far back as the start of the final "Act", which is the last 4 books in the series. Originally, as each new "Act" came out, I would go back and re-read the entire series. The first book was published in 1986, and I found them shortly after that in high school, probably either 89' or 90'. The reason I started reading them again recently is that the final book, 15th in the series, was published last November. I recalled it was possibly due out in 2009, but never realized it came out.

It's kinda weird to look back and think I've been reading this book series for the last 20 years. There are plenty of good fantasy novels out there, and lots of great writers and series. For some reason, this is the one I stuck with. I'm excited to see the conclusion, and at the same time, very sad. In some ways, this series is what led me to reading others throughout the years. I might find it hard to go looking for something new once it's all done. By far, these are my favorite books of all time. Every time I read them they get better.

No comments: