Tuesday, March 23, 2010

There we go

Could this week be the true start to spring weather? Sure hope so. I took the chance this weekend to try my first outdoor run of the year and only my 3rd run since Feb 1st (the other 2 being short treadmill runs when the ellipticals were full). The run went well, although turned out to be a bit colder then I realized. 7.75 miles at a decent pace. In the end, my foot felt no better or worse, so... More outdoor runs to follow, probably starting with this weekend. Fingers crossed that no "new" pain develops.

Our colds are still kicking our ass, which is dragging me down a bit this week. It would be nice to have everyone healthy again by this weekend. Casey has it the worst, simply because there isn't anything she can do. It's still hard for her to get a good nights sleep, so she is extra moody and tired (which in turn, makes the rest of us tired). I'm thinking we should be free and clear within a week. Again, fingers crossed.

I'm looking forward to this weekend, as I'm hosting a poker night that I planned out a few months in advance. Small, myself and maybe 5-6 others. Small stakes, nothing huge, but it should be fun to just get together for a guys night. I did a poker night in both 2005 and 2006, and then sorta just stopped doing it for 3 years. Figured it's about damn time to start it up again, so bring on the 3rd "not-really-annual" Poker Night!

3 comments:

The Rain Crab said...

All the best for your Poker Night!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hello! :)

Flying high in the sky.... said...

:) i was drawn to your blog because of the name...i think it is awesome..in the world of inspired and originals it is so refreshing to be ...just not that :) ...and i liked the way you described your profile..says a lot without saying much :) take care ...