Sunday, July 24, 2005

Texas No-Limit Hold'em

This morning I had a little chat with my scale. Normally it just kinda nods and tells me good job, keep up the good work, and we go our separate ways. But this morning, it just wouldn't shut up. It went on and on, giving me this long convoluted motivational speech. I didn't want to be rude, so I stood through the ramblings until it was finished. And just like some sucker buying from an infomercial at 2am, I bought into it's little speech. It convinced me to go biking today, on one of the hottest and humid days of the summer! So I mapped out a 6 mile loop and at 11:30am, the hottest part of the day, I headed out. It was a good ride, and I'm glad I did it. The only mistake I made was bringing gatorade instead of water - half way through it just became WAY to sugary and I couldn't drink anymore even though I was thirsty. I love this new Gmaps Pedometer that I found, my friend Steve also uses it and mentioned it on his blog as well. I just wish I had a way to check hill levels prior to a ride, because those things can kill me. I live basically on the top of a hill and any direction I go leads to massive up and downs.

Last night I ran a Texas No-Limit poker tournament at my place, nothing to big. Just a $30 dollar buy in with the top 3 going home with money. After 2 months of planning, mass emails, and date changes I was able to get 5 other guys over (for 6 total). I'd say not a bad turn out for my first hosted tournament. Maybe I can get even more next time. I think everyone had a good time, I know I did. I went out 4th, so I didn't win anything, but it was a really fun way to go out. (I had the hand until the very last card was flipped - always exciting!) I have to admit, it was damn funny watching a bunch of us 30 y/o guys getting tired and worn out by 11pm. After it was over, someone mentioned how back in the day, we would have all been pumped up after something like that and been trying to figure out what we would do with the rest of the night. :-)

One last thing, I'm not even going to bother with a full review of Alexander - Director's Cut DVD that comes out on August 2nd. Seeing DVD's before they are released is a little benefit of having a brother that works at Blockbuster. The movie is just so bad it doesn't even warrant a full review, suffice to say I would have been much happier to live my whole life without having to see Colin Farrell's nut sack.

2 comments:

brent said...

i rule!
heh heh.
good times.

Anonymous said...

Dude they show his coin purse in the movie? Nice.