Sunday, March 07, 2010

Back on Track

Once again find myself breaking my self imposed rule of at least 1 blog post a week. Last week I just couldn't find the time, despite being fascinated reading through posts by Sunnybrook Farm. Considering how much I whine about finding a way out of a system I hate, I only joke about dropping off the grid. Reading about someone that actually did it was cool.

The lack of posts last week came mostly from work. I've been pouring WAY too much into it the last month or so. One night this week, Andrea looked at me and asked, "What are you thinking about?" And I said, "I'm thinking about how pissed off I am that I can't stop thinking about work."

The opportunity to bring the project that I work on out of the 90s and into the latest decade has presented itself again. I've mentioned this over half a year ago and I'm not sure this time will be any different. I've jokingly referred to it as "Project Unobtainium", but it isn't too far from the truth. No matter how cool I can make something look or how many value statements I can come up with, some senior executive that doesn't know what Windows 7 is, won't understand why it might be a good idea to re-architect our software for that platform. But I figure I'll give it one more shot, and when the competition begins to steamroll us, I can at least say I gave it my best shot, instead of just "I told you so."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

:)

www.need2know-everything.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I'll bet you don't really look like that.