Friday, April 02, 2010

Crampons

Any geek that has ever played Dungeons & Dragons knows what crampons are. Why? Because they are always available for purchase in the equipment list, and someone always asks, "What are crampons?" Friday I was on the elliptical watching my new favorite show: Cash Cab. A game show where random people in a taxi cab are asked semi-easy trivia questions. At the end, if you make it, you can go double or nothing. The answer to the final question was "crampons", and I knew the answer but the 3 guys in the cab didn't. Obviously they had never played Dungeons & Dragons.

Every single day, from Thursday to today, I tried to sit down and blog. And every single day, 5 minutes into it, something would need my attention. Something isn't adding up because usually I could get some time to myself each night either playing video games or reading, or something.

This week I'm going to start putting in a little more blog effort and post in depth about recent on-goings, from finishing a 20 year book saga to my running, work, and all the rest. For now, since I once again have sat down to blog with only 20 spare minutes, I will keep this post short.

This weekend was great overall, awesome weather. Got a run in on Saturday (check out the new running side-bar). Also went to see Clash of the Titans with my brother Saturday night. It was fun, but nothing spectacular. I enjoyed it.

Today we drove down to New Ulm and visited the in-laws for Easter Sunday. I ate entirely too much candy today, so good thing I'm starting running again. Been floating in the upper 180s, reaching 190 the last 2 months. Time to put a stop to that and get back down to an even 180 for the running season.

Well, I hear the oven beeping so dinner is ready. Gotta jet, but expect more posts this week then the usual once a week.

3 comments:

Steve Eck said...

So you finally finished the Katherine Kerr books? I haven't enjoyed the series quite as much as you, but I did make it all the way to the final trilogy and then stopped to wait for the last book to be finished. Looks like it is time to start up again.

Shawn said...

Let me know if you want to borrow any of last books. My brother is reading the series now too, but he has a ways to go before he gets to the last (4 book) chapter.

Steve Eck said...

I might take you up on that. I read up through the Fire Dragon, leaving the last four books only. If you don't mind me borrowing them, I'd like to finish the series.