Thursday, May 13, 2010

Rain Sucks

4 days straight of rain is seriously getting old. Thankfully the weekend forecast is looking good so I should be able to get some outdoor runs in. So far this week I have technically only exercised once, so I'm going to try and do a 3-day over the weekend starting tomorrow morning at 5am.

On Monday this week, I bought a new toy. Someone at work was selling it through the inter-office classifieds. It's called the WeeRide Co-Pilot:



It was only used 2-3 times by the people that owned it, so it is basically in brand new condition. I was so excited to show it to Megan when I bought it, because our neighbor has one and she has asked about riding it a few times. Then it decides to rain all week so I can't even go outside with her once! Finally tonight I get it hooked up and try it out... and it's too big! It doesn't look like it would be, and Megan is very tall for her age, but even with the seat lowered all the way, she can't get her feet on the ground. This means that even the slightest imbalance could throw her off because she would have no way to catch herself.

Needless to say, this was a huge bummer for me. I thought she'd love it and fit it right out of the gate, and that we'd even try a bike ride this weekend. Sadly, it looks like I'll have to tuck it away in the garage for this year and try again next spring. Maybe we can give it another shot towards the end of the summer, but my guess is she won't grow THAT much taller over a single summer.

No comments: