Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Work or Play

Tomorrow at work is a big presentation. It's finally the chance to get my big idea off the ground. Not that I think it will go anywhere, but you miss 100% of the shots you don't take right? I thought about how I could plug in to work tonight, and do some more tweaking on the presentation. I realized instead that work will go on. Changing a few words here and there isn't going to have any impact. In fact, in a lot of ways, the outcome is most likely already determined. Not in the "all future is predetermined" sort of way, but in the sense that either this big idea is going to noticed by the real decision makers or it won't. And if it doesn't, then hey, I gave it my best shot.

Instead, I decided that more play would be better for me tonight. Just got done dancing around the basement with the 3 loves of my life, listening to fun dance tracks for the last 30 minutes, and it was great. As the song goes, "Dance... even if you have nowhere to do it but in your own living room." Great advice, I'd highly recommend it.

The weather couldn't be better. This last weekend I got my 3-days in a row of running in, with some more running tonight. It's down right scary to me how much I enjoy running now. I leave work on a night like today, and the second I step outside my heart skips a beat in anticipation at the running conditions. I signed up for a half marathon race on July 4th. I plan on running it with a pace team, which will be the first time I've ever done that. Should be interesting.

2 comments:

yui said...

Hi! I'm behind you.
Good luck!

Purple Cow said...

Hope it went well for you. There's no better preparation than unwinding.