Saturday, May 29, 2010

Beat the Heat

What an awesome start to the 4 day weekend, and it's only half over! Friday we decided to try something new, and took a trip out to Como Zoo. Believe it or not, this was something new for the entire family. I've been to Como Zoo before, but probably not in 20 years or more. It was hot, but we enjoyed seeing the unique animals like giraffes, zebras, kudus, and ostriches. Casey had a blast, and at the end Megan and I went on the Tilt-a-Whirl which was mad fun. The only bummer was that the polar bears didn't arrive until June 3rd! We missed it by just a few days. We've decided to make a return trip for the polar bears and the dragon roller coaster.

Today was another hot one, with a high of 90 degrees. I did an 8 miler starting at 7am, and was still soaked when I finished. After that was Casey's official 1st birthday party. Tons of food and cake, I'm still full. Casey slept through the first half of the party but had fun once she woke up. We keep our birthday parties pretty low key, but I'm thinking we might do something bigger for Megan's 5th later this year.

After the birthday party, we even found time to sneak away and catch a movie, curtiousy of baby sitting by Grandma Gayle. We saw Prince of Persia: Sands of Time. We both enjoyed it, it was not a movie to be taken seriously. It delivered on action, small amount of plot, hot female lead, and some fun twists and turns along the way.

Megan all dressed up, ready for the party.



I can't auto-fix the red eye in this picture, or Casey ends up looking like some sort of alien.



Another cute shot of Casey, with me hiding in the background.



Eating her birthday cake, and loving it.



Tomorrow is supposed to be cooler with some rain possible. Going to get my first real long run of the year in, and start as early as I can handle in order to get out before it gets to hot. Need to work off all that birthday cake and other horrible amounts of calories I consumed today. Still trying to get back down to 180 before the summer ends, and so far, I've not come close.

No comments: