Monday, January 15, 2007

Desire

I wanted to post yesterday, really I did. I just got caught up in some video game playing and general laziness. Plus, my whole post would have been about Dungeons & Dragons, and honestly I think only one person that reads my blog even gets those posts.

Well we finally did it. We cancelled cable! Okay, so we didn't cancel it 100%. I experimented with the HD antenna, and that didn't work at all. I think the only way it would work is with an outdoor antenna, and I'm not going to go through the hassle of all that, nor install one myself. Instead, we got rid of our cable box and kept the most basic cable available. (about 20 channels?) This will save us roughly $50 dollars a month on our cable bill.

I think we have officially finished the streamlining of or major expenses. I can't think of a single thing that we have left that we can really cut out or reduce. Anything more is just going to have to be in watching the small day-to-day things. We've done that in the past (tracked every penny very closely), and Andrea started it up again at the beginning of the year. Making financial goals is sorta just like making fitness goals. You need some way to monitor your progress or you won't know if your making the right choices. We have some pretty aggressive financial goals this year, so we are starting some things early this year to make sure we can hit them all.

Well, gonna cut this post short. Megan is crying and I can't really concentrate on posting while listening to her. She has been crying a lot more at night lately after we put her to bed. No clue what's going on / changing, hopefully it's just a phase or something.

2 comments:

Adam said...

Unless you were already counting me as the one person who "gets your posts" about D&D, there are at least TWO people who understand them! Are you going to be around this weekend? I've been meaning to give you a call and catch up. I'll give you a ring tomorrow afternoon sometime.

Shawn said...

Okay, well maybe two or three. :-P Andrea and I are going to see a movie this afternoon, then I go running, then we have company this evening. Sunday would probably be a better time to get ahold of me as I should just be sitting around really. God forbid, maybe I might actually watch playoffs. Btw, I dont have a cell phone anymore, so you'll have to call my home number.