Sunday, January 07, 2007

Weekend half over or half begun

Ahhh the classic Pessimist vs. Optimist. Sunday's can either be just crappy if all I can think about is how I have to go back to the start of a 5-day work week tomorrow, or they can be fun if I think about how much time I have to enjoy today. Normally I'm quite the pessimist but I think today, I'll try to focus on the positive.

For starters, Megan JUST woke up at 8:45am, thus giving me time to sleep in (and blog!). Her sleep habits of late have been very strange, along with her eating habits. She must be going through a growth spurt of some kind, because she is hungry ALL the time. As far as sleeping, she has been staying up much later (10pm or later) and sleeping in later.

Yesterday was pretty good. I started out the day with my first winter outdoor run with a friend of mine. It was around the Lakes area (my buddies favorite running area), I think we went around both Lake Calhoun and Harriet for a total of just under 10 miles. It was a little cold at points, but for the most part very enjoyable. Definitely got my weekend off to a good start.

Andrea's parents came to visit us yesterday afternoon (and by "us", I mean "Megan"). Luckily they got here before Megan's nap and were able to get a few good hours of play time in with her. Papa B got Megan laughing so hard at one point, I thought she would pee her pants. Oh wait, she probably did. After they left, Megan napped and we got ready for my company Holiday party.

The company Holiday party was... a company Holiday party. It was much more formal then I had originally expected, considering the invite said "semi-formal". Perhaps I don't know the definition of semi-formal. Apparently part of that definition means absolutely NO children, so thankfully we made the right decision to have my Mom baby sit. There was actually a small chance we would have brought Megan... and basically if we had, we would have had to turn around and leave as soon as we got there. I have to admit that I've never been to a company event that was specifically NOT family friendly. The food was good, but having been there only 6 months I still am not part of a "crowd" that I felt I could join. Needless to say... the majority of these factors will most likely contribute to me never attending one of these again.

But from that negative note to a positive one, today should be quite fun. I'll be heading out with Megan to do some shopping, picking up ordered items at Best Buy, and then maybe getting a quick cross-training work out in this afternoon. Any other spare time I have this week will be spent preparing for AD&D, the first session of 2007 is this Saturday and I have a lot of work to do to get ready for that!

No comments: