Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Ouch, wtf was that?

Once again I find myself posting just under my self imposed limit of "at least one post a week". Apparently running a record setting amount of miles doesn't come without a price. Today, my left knee was bothering me a little bit all day. Just a very light soreness, but just enough to notice every now and then.

I ran tonight, and the first mile or so I could feel the soreness. After about mile 3 it completely went away. Great, figured I just didn't stretch enough the night before or maybe slept on it funny. I get home, and no big deal, feels fine.

Then I'm carrying Megan around the house tonight, and all of a sudden I take a step and get a SHOOTING pain in the area right below my left ankle. Okay... I shake it off, only to start walking down the stairs and BANG same damn pain, and it HURTS. Could be a sprain, could be nothing... Of course, by the time I got mid-way through this post, it was gone, and now I can't even duplicate it. I'm a fast healer I guess?

Megan got to spend some time with her Great Grandparents today at the Mega Mall for Toddler Tuesdays. Sounds like they had an awesome time... the funny part was, I got home and asked Andi, "Wow Megan smells really nice, did you give her a bath?" I then realized it wasn't a bath that I smelled, but my Grandma Ruby! 6 hours later and Megan still had that Grandma smell! Too funny!

Had a Dungeons and Dragons session this weekend, and it was great. Pretty much all the players came back and told me the next day or through email that they had an awesome time. It's really nice to get positive feedback, makes me think that all the time I put in is worth it. My brother and I still butt heads sometimes during the sessions, but I think we are going to get better at that. Bad news is that we won't get to play again for another month. I actually posed the idea of doing back-to-back weekends, but that would just be pushing it. On the plus side, I'll have much more time to prepare. This last session was basically a 24 hour cram session right before Saturday night.

Gotta go get Megan ready for bed now, maybe I'll try to get a few pictures up later this week since I haven't been posting much of those in awhile. I'm sure people are getting a bit sick of my ramblings without Megan pics.

No comments: