Sunday, July 08, 2007

The End

Of the weekend! Due to unforeseen circumstances, we weren't able to get out to see Live Free or Die Hard, but that's okay. I'll probably hit it up on DVD when it comes out. The end of the weekend unfolded as one long relaxation event. I got one minor run in, and that's really about it. Tonight Andrea and I capped off the weekend with some beer and pizza, something we haven't done for quite awhile.

Thursday night we headed out to the YMCA for some family swimming. The bad news is that the family pool was closed! There was one lane of the lap pool available for open swim, so we made the best of it. Megan had a great time, I think we will plan another swimming event soon.

Friday we had made plans for Megan to be babysat between 10am-noon. We ended up using the time to watch the movie Shooter, which we had from Netflix. It was a pretty good movie, nothing too spectacular.

On Saturday, Andrea's parents came up for a visit. It was good to see them both, they brought up some sandwich fixings for lunch and stayed until Megan's nap time. Today, I had planned on getting a nice long run in, but decided on skipping in favor of... sleeping in.

In other news, I've finally taken the next step in some goals I set for myself earlier this year. You might remember how I mentioned about biking trails I wanted to check out. Obviously, the key to that is having the ability to transport my bike to said trails. I finally got around to being able to do that, thanks to my friend and old college roommate giving me a car bike rack he wasn't using.



Now that I have it hooked up, I think I will actually start to plan some trips and get some long bike rides in. I'll probably wait until this heat wave ends and it gets a little cooler outside.

2 comments:

Adam said...

I'd strongly encourage you to see Die Hard in the theater... we saw it and Transformers in the last couple of weeks too and I have to say I liked Die Hard slightly better. If my recommendation isn't enough, then maybe the fact that Kevin Smith is in it will convince you? And then, since you are going to be taking more vacation, you guys can come out and see some of the places that they filmed!

Scooter said...

You and Steve doing the Bike Classic again this year? I think it's scary registration forms are out already - it always makes me feel like fall is on the way.