Thursday, July 19, 2007

Where does the time go

Despite the many strikes against me - going on 5 hours of sleep, stressed out about work, a complete lack of motivation... I somehow managed to push out an 8 mile run tonight. I seriously wanted to quit after 3, but managed to keep going. Might be my last out door run for awhile, it looks like a heat wave is headed our way.

I'm back to that "I don't feel like blogging" attitude. Most nights I feel like I'd rather be spending my time either exersizing, spending a few hours with Andrea & Megan, and unwinding with World of Warcraft. (level 66 if your curious, still 4 more levels to go) On top of all that is of course the fact that I have nothing to post about.

How about some more good news? I just found out I didn't get selected for the Twin Cities 10 miler. That sure put a damper into my spirits regarding running and training. It can be really hard to put the miles in, when you don't have something your working towards. I'm still going to try and shoot for my yearly goal of 1200 miles, but I'm not really doing the math yet on how close/far off I am to that goal. I know I'm in the right ball park still...

The latest stress is our home owners insurance. If you remember, I mentioned before how our insurance company just decided to drop us at random. The problem is, we need to get our roof replaced. It's 14 years old and had the hail damage from last summer. Why did we delay? Why did we sit on this? I don't know, so please don't ask. What we do know is that our neighbor already put in a claim and got his insurance check. But at the time, he told us he didn't want to replace the roof, and so we were like "Okay thats fine..."

Thus the problem. Now that our insurance is dropping us, we have to get a claim in to get an insurance check AND get the roof replaced within 6 months. That means I'll have to goto the neighbor and get him on board with a roof replacement. What if he doesn't want to? What if he blew the insurance money he already got? Or even worst case, what if our insurance company refuses to play nice and not accept our claim?

Blarg... I don't know what to think. I do know one thing - Andrea and I have learned we don't want to live in a twin home. Moving is on the agenda, and I can see it happening within the next 2-3 years. And when we do move, it will definitly be a single family unit. Anyway, going to stop thinking about it now and go space out with World of Warcraft!

No comments: