Monday, May 25, 2009

The Adventure Redux

I'm running on borrowed time right now, having slept maybe 2 hours out of the last 36. My brain isn't firing on any cylinders for the most part. I should be in bed but I needed to unwind with some food. I forgot my camera at the hospital so I'll just keep this short:

Name: Casey Gayle Anderson
Born: May 25th 2009. 2:55pm
Weight: 9 lbs 1 oz (wow...)
Length: 21 inches (same as Megan!)

The short version: inducement still took a long time. Although overall shorter time span than Megan, in most ways (physically and emotionally), this delivery was tougher. They say that every birth is unique, and that I believe now. But the whole "second child is easier" is not always true.

In the end, everyone is doing great and baby and Mom are both in as good a shape as can be expected. By the time I left the hospital with Megan, Andrea was officially unhooked from all equipment and IVs. Hopefully she will manage to get some sleep over the next 12 hours, it felt pretty selfish coming home with Megan. We'll head back up tomorrow after Megan's preschool. More to follow!

8 comments:

Adam said...

Congrats Andi and Shawn! Glad to hear everyone is doing well!

I hope you can get some rest... I can't imagine doing all of this with another little one running around! Anyway, can't wait for the pictures! Congrats again :-)

Unknown said...

Congrats.... glad to hear everyone is resting well and it is all over.

Phil/Phad

brent said...

congratulations!!

Linzy Eck said...

Congratulations! I hope if was not to hard for Andi!

Jenny McGovern said...

Congratulations and way to go! Looking forward to seeing pics of the newest addition to the Anderson family!

Steve Eck said...

Congratulations!!!

spock74 said...

Yay! Congratulations and all that! What does Megan think of her new little sis? Pictures, please?

Sarah said...

Congratulations, Shawn! Sorry I am so behind the times. I've been in touch with Andrea on facebook. Sorry I've been slacking on your blog. My MOMS Club duties are soon behind me and then I should have some more time to keep up with you. :)