Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Waiting Game

With the weekend behind us, and the "due date" over with, time to look to the next few days. As I suspected, the weekend was a pretty normal one for us. Saturday afternoon we even got another movie in, and saw Star Trek, which was awesome. I liked the cast they put together to play the various roles. I hope they make another movie with that group.

Saturday night Andrea even made it over to St. Paul for a going away party. Her old college roommate is moving to Las Vegas for awhile. Megan and I decided to have our own date, and we went to Red Robin together. She had a good time and afterwards we went to a park, where she made friends with a nice girl her age named Emma. Emma taught Megan how to climb all the way up the slides... I let it go this time cause they were having so much fun.

So tomorrow I will head in to work as normal, which is actually a good thing. Couple more loose ends I can tie up, and hand off a last few items. I'm definitely not very optimistic about where things are going at work, but none of that is within my control. We got one of those "oh shit the economy DOES suck" emails from the CEO recently. Sponsoring of corporate teams was among the various "cost cutting measures". That's right, no more free runs for me! Every time I make the mistake of reading a news paper or actually listening to the news, I'm damn glad I have a job, and I'm going to hold on to it until they drag me away kicking and screaming. I never thought one of the best side effects of not owning a TV would be how much easier it is to ignore hearing about all that shit that just pisses me off. Blinders for the win.

No comments: