Saturday, May 30, 2009

What Day Is It?

I forgot how quickly you get disoriented from the rest of the world when you stop going to work. Not that I mind, Megan has no concept of weekends, why should I!? This first week has been going great. Megan is handling the change very well, although I honestly don't have a lot of things to compare against. Her general attitude is happy to see Casey, concerned for her well being, and loves to hold and touch her. In car rides, if Casey cries, Megan is the first to say "It's okay Casey!" I think the hardest part will be getting Megan to understand why she can't be physical with Casey at first.

I've managed to get two runs in this week, which has been great. Sleep wise, I seem to be okay, and Casey seems to sleep very well so far. Maybe too well, as Andrea has started to wake her for feedings instead of waiting for Casey. This will help Andrea as well as Casey regulate feeding patterns. But for the most part, we both feel "normal" in terms of rested, and that's a big change from our previous sleep deprivation and not leaving the house for 4 days.

Casey's post-birth time is overall much more relaxing and enjoyable, then stressful and tiresome. I've been kind of more hands off, both because my role right now is to manage Megan during the day, but also to let Andrea roll with the feedings. I know this sounds "lazy" on my part, but I do think I was a bit too intrusive with Megan. I realize now the importance of these early weeks for Andrea and Casey to find their "groove" with a routine.

We've also been getting meals all this week from the Apple Valley MOMS Club. That has been so great, so thank you so much everyone. Last night, in a rare occurrence, we even got to enjoy a quiet evening meal with just the two of us. Casey and Megan were both napping. A small calm in the excitement of this week, it was just awesome.

A few more pics for today:

Megan being her silly self.


Megan just loves to hold baby Casey.


As promised, a few pictures of Andrea as well.


More of the three gals.

No comments: