Thursday, May 07, 2009

Unbelievable Luck

What a crazy night. Crazy week really. On the verge of our pending arrival, trying to wrap things up at work, and keep my head above water. Tonight was all sorts of awesome. First, I'll start with my stuff, since, hey, its my blog! Tonight was the Twin Cities 1-miler, which I again ran this year in the hopes that it would give me a spot in the Twin Cities 10-miler. My time last year was 5:51. This year, I was shooting for 5:45. I came REAL close:



Still very happy about that, being able to beat last years time. And it definitely wasn't as painful, and I might have been able to go a bit harder. The real factor was the wind (sucked hard) and oddly, I think bad air. Everyone around me was coughing very hard at the finish line, and it down right hurt the lungs. I didn't have any of that last year. Maybe downtown isn't the best place to have an event like that?

Meanwhile, while I was running this silly (yes silly!) event, Andrea and Val (sister-in-law who is also expecting) were attending an new Mothers event that we got a random invite to. We honestly don't know how or why we got this invite, we only assumed it was through my work and/or insurance. Some type of work perk? Anyway, long story short, it was totally free, they had lots of things for new Moms to look at, get samples of, free appetizers and a non-alcoholic drink contest. (local bartenders trying to make the best tasting virgin drink) In addition to all that, they had lots of door prizes, a high end stroller, and a grand prize of a BRAND new crib.

So I walk in to the event just as things are wrapping up. What is the first thing I hear as I walk in? They are calling Andrea's name for a prize! No way! And so I go and sit down, and it turns out Val had also already won something! How awesome is that? But wait!

They then did the final drawing for the grand prize, and who should win? Andrea!! We couldn't believe it! Andrea was in such disbelief, she didn't even realize it was her number that was called. We are going to get a BRAND new crib from Becker Furniture! (minor drive up north, but way worth it!)

And a big thank you to my brother who made this all possible by baby sitting Megan tonight, YOU ROCK BRO!!

2 comments:

brent said...

no way dude, thats awesome, you guys deserve it. AWESOME!!!!!!!

Gayle52a said...

Funny how luck runs in streaks. Val won a $100.00 Target gift card and I won a $25.00 Cub gift card at drawings at work. Grandma Viv won big at Mystic last week and I won over $700.00 on a 2 cent machine on Sunday. Hope this continues-Wow!