Tuesday, August 23, 2005

I like reality. It tastes of bread.

Don't expect much in the way of interesting posts this week. Added to my already busy schedule, I went and bought Dungeon Siege 2 on Monday. Just a little time killer video game that I'll probably play obsessively three times back to back in order to unlock all the difficulty levels. Can you say 100+ hours of gaming?

This week started out great since I decided to take a vacation day Monday. That night, I did a 25 mile bike ride with Steve. The cool news is that Steve signed up for the St. Paul Bike classic, so we will being doing that together! Should be fun and more enjoyable to have someone along for the ride. My brother also started his classes yesterday, which means I will see him pretty much never. At least we get to chat online while he is in class - his school has wireless internet and he brings his lap top with him.

My bro said something to me yesterday that I thought was interesting:
"You are the most zen person I know."
I took it as a complement. He is of course referring to the fact that I hardly get angry about anything. Sure, I get pissed off when someone cuts me off in traffic, just ask Andrea. But even she has said to me before, "How come you never seem to get angry?" Honestly, I'm not sure. In some ways, I feel like anger is the most useless of human emotions. I can't think of a single time in my life where anger served a useful or productive purpose. In fact, the few things I remember doing while extremely mad, are usually things I regret. Like punching a hole in a wall, for example. (which I was able to hide from my Mom for years) I can only hope my lack of anger will help me in fatherhood when I find an Xbox game disk broken because my daughter thought it should fit into the Gamecube....

Maybe I just don't like anger, because anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - and that is the path to the Dark Side!

No comments: