Sunday, August 21, 2005

Who needs soft water?

Warning:The following paragraph will make very little sense to those not familiar with AD&D and/or roleplaying.

Dungeons and Dragons went a little long this Friday night. We started around 10pm and didn't finish until 5am. The last hour however, was a long discussion about the role of the GM, the players, and overall expectations. It was a bit heated, but some really constructive ideas came from it. I'm just a newbie GM so honestly, I need more work on things like being creative with situations the players encounter and coming up with interesting story ideas where I don't have to force the players into one single path. It's an interesting challenge, something I've never really worked hard at before. Hopefully our next session won't be for a few weeks, and I can use that extra time to refine my GMing skills!
Shirt says Congrats Shawn & Andi, SO CUTE!
Saturday was our first Baby shower. It was great fun even if not a lot of people were able to attend. You know us 30 somethings, our lives are so hectic! I didn't particularly enjoy the baby food tasting contest, but damn did that give me a new respect for what I might be feeding my baby some day! After the shower I hit up a decent bike ride and then played some Magic: The Gathering with my bro that night. Scott is trying to jam as much fun stuff as he can into this last weekend before he starts classes.

Today while grocery shopping I finally broke down and bought some rock salt for our water softener. I have been so bad at keeping the water softer filled with salt. I think since we've lived here, which was exactly one year this month, I've filled the water softener 2 times? I'll have to get better with that. :-)

This coming week should go pretty fast. Monday will be a long (24 mile?) bike ride with Steve. Tuesday night, Andrea and I are going to check out the birthing centers that we have decided to have our baby at. This is a change of venue due to some circumstances that have happened recently. I think it will be a good change, as we weren't to impressed with the tour of where we had originally planned on delivering. Wed night is our birthing class on breast feeding, and then this weekend we head up to Madden's Golf Resort for our company retreat. (and hopefully my first every 30 mile bike ride!)

No comments: