Sunday, August 14, 2005

Tech Toys

After a quick 12-mile ride this morning I took my bike in to the place I bought it for a 90 day tune up. They basically just check your breaks and all the gears and give it a little cleaning. I also bought some new pedals because I didn't like the pedals that came with the bike. I think they were called "clipless" pedals that have some kind of locking mechanism for special shoes. Because of this, I could only use one side of the pedal. The other side of the pedal had these bumps on them that made it so I couldn't use that side to pedal. I was constantly looking down and/or taking my feet of the pedals to adjust the side, etc. It finally got annoying enough that I decided to replace them with some normal pedals. However, that wasn't the coolest new thing I bought....

I finally bought a cyclometer for my bike!! It will be awesome to finally know more accurate distances, ride times, average speeds, top speeds, the works! Hopefully it helps motivate me to keep pushing myself harder as well, which is a definite bonus.

Well, Andrea just called me a few hours ago to tell me she decided to come home early, so she will be home tonight. I was going to make some fancy chicken and rice dinner, but in the end I opted for the easier route: frozen lasagna and garlic bread!

2 comments:

Steve Eck said...

So their free 90-day tune-up strategy worked to perfection, you walked out with two new purchases.

The cyclometer looks similar to the one I have, I've been happy with mine for the most part.

Shawn said...

I just convince myself I was going to buy all that stuff anyway, so the free tune up was just a bonus!