Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Mid-Week Fest

Nothing very festive actually, just couldn't think of a better title. Happy Valentines day to everyone! Andrea reminded me earlier this week how when we first started dating, I always made big deals out of V-Day. Mainly because I just never had anyone to share Valentines day with before that. Over the years, I guess it's just kinda worn off, and now I just see it as an overly commercialized "Hallmark Holiday". This probably just makes me a bad husband since I didn't buy my sweetheart flowers.

Wow, there is that negativity shining through again. Let's see, what are some positive things to talk about. I got my fixed (new) glasses today, glad that only took a few days. I actually left work early (3pm) just so I could get my glasses and still have time to get a run in. I ended up coming home first, and realized that maybe taking a break and actually spending tonight with Andrea and Megan might be more fun. Besides, I think my legs need a break.

Tomorrow night we are having an old college friend over for dinner, that should be fun. And then this weekend is the release of Ghost Rider, which I am looking forward to. Probably be checking that out Saturday night and spending the rest of the weekend working out and getting ready for the next Dungeons and Dragons session.

Hmmm what else on the positive news front. We got our taxes done and will be getting a decent refund. Not quite the same size as last year, but still decent. Plus, I got a small bonus check at the start of the month (whole company got it, nothing special). Finally, March is a 3-paycheck month! Combine all those and we should be making a very large dent in our "financial emergency fund" goals for the year.

See? I can be positive. :-)

No comments: