Thursday, February 08, 2007

Growing excitement

In just a few hours, Megan will officially be 16 months old. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, damn she seems to be growing so fast. She will be talking before we know it. We are thinking about getting a toddler bed soon, sometime before she turns 18 months. That should be an interesting transition. I'm also nervous about the whole bottle removal process... We only give her bottles twice a day, once for nap and once for bed time. But getting rid of it entirely will be a challenge I'm sure.

You may have glossed over the bad news I posted about at the end of January. The fact that due to schedules, our time between Dungeons & Dragons sessions is a full month. This is much longer then I'd like, but I've taken the opportunity to do some pretty wicked stuff for next session. All told, I've spent over $40 dollars on supplies and at least 10 hours preparing so far. And I easily still have another 10-15 hours of prep that I want to do. Overkill? Probably... but when this is my primary form of weekend entertainment, I might as well. Coolest new thing so far? A fully laminated battle grid!



Ohhh look at that sexy shine. Combine that with a bunch of dry erase markers, and you got yourself much more interesting battle scenarios! Should be tons of fun. Needless to say, I am very excited for our next session. I think it will be the best one yet!

In other news, I took a sick day from work yesterday, I'm really glad I did. I needed it... At some point next week I'll be having my first review, which is always a stressful time regardless of how you might think you are doing. Anyway, my BRAND new glasses decided to break for some odd reason. One of the ear pieces just fell off. Thankfully I'm getting them fully replaced at no cost, so no big deal there. No one at work even noticed that I went back to my old glasses. Or maybe they noticed but didn't say anything.

On the running front, I also used my time off yesterday to buy a new pair of running shoes. I got the latest Asics GT-2120's, which are the update to the 2110's I've been using. Like buying the 2007 model of a new car or something... You'd think I was some serious runner, but really I'm just an amateur who pretends. Tried them out tonight. The first couple miles they felt weird, but after mile 3 they were really nice. Light, good support, and very flexible. Maybe they will help with the recent ankle soreness I've been having!

2 comments:

Scooter said...

Sure, but are you getting in a car and driving all the way to Chicago to play with friends? It's about 6-12 months between games for me.

Anonymous said...

Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces.
- Judith Viorst