Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Three days too long

I have not exercised since Saturday. That would make today day three. According to my logs, I have not gone 3 days without exercising since November. (last time I went 2 days was the first week in January). Needless to say, it's dragging on me big time. It's mostly works fault, I've had to stay late the last two nights. I'm not sure if it will stop anytime soon, but it damn well better. Things SHOULD slow down tomorrow, and I'll be able to do my normal schedule, but you just never know...

Tonight Andrea is going out with a friend for a birthday dinner. Her 30th birthday is coming up in 2 days. She can finally join the club! Not much big planned for her so far. She was going to do an early morning brunch party with her Mom's club, but due to the fact that Megan might have some type of mild flu, she has decided to call it off. We might do something this weekend instead, hopefully get my Mom to babysit. Grandma G hasn't got to see Megan for a few weeks now.

Last night we experimented with putting Megan to bed without a bottle. It did not go too well... I'm not quite sure what the best approach is there. It seems to me that bottle weaning is very subjective. Although there is agreement that you shouldn't put a bottle in the bed with them over night while they sleep (which we have never done). There doesn't seem to be any real strong reasoning behind not giving a child a bottle before bed time. Some seem to think its totally bad to let that happen past 12-18 months, while others do it as long as age 3 or even 5! I think perhaps the approach we can take is to slowly start to reduce the amount of milk in the bottle over the next weeks until maybe she can fall asleep with out it at night. Time will tell I guess...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a tough habit to break, good luck!