Saturday, February 10, 2007

Mid-Winter Fest

There is something I have been suspecting for awhile now, but I got to experience it first hand this morning. You see, the gym I goto opens at 8am on the weekends. I often arrive there sometime shortly after 8, only to find every single treadmill and elliptical in use. So this morning I specifically got there about 4 minutes before 8. Sure enough, there were about 15-20 people sitting in their cars waiting for the doors to open. When they finally did, they made a stampede like rush. It looked like an opening morning of Walmart on Christmas Eve. By 8:03, every single piece of equipment was in use. People are strange.

This morning was SO much fun. One of the things I wanted to try and focus on this year was more family events on the weekends. So often our weekends end up being, I go work out, Andi goes and works out, Andi goes to Church, I stay home, I go do this, she goes and does that, etc. This weekend we did something very fun, the Apple Valley Mid-Winter Fest.

Lots of free things to do, we mainly went for the inflatable jumpers that would be there. Megan really enjoyed them. We saw a few people we knew that Andrea had invited. The icing on the cake was when Andrea won a door prize! We got a $25 dollar gift certificate to Major's. Damn that women is good at getting free stuff.



Action shot! She couldn't really jump, but she would bounce up and down on her knees.



We tried a little face painting for Megan, but it didn't last very long. In fact, it lasted maybe all of 3 seconds. I didn't even get to see it before she got her hands on it. It was supposed to just be a heart.



There was even an ice sculptor there, I got to catch him hard at work.



Here was his finished product. He did it all in barely an hour I think.



As if that wasn't enough excitement for one day, we then headed over to Supercuts in Apple Valley, because... drum roll... They were giving out free hair cuts for kids! We figured it might be packed, but we were the only ones there. Megan got her official first haircut. She sat very nicely through the whole thing, didn't fuss or anything.



Her finished haircut... so cute!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was nice seeing you guys today! I appreciate the tip on the free hair cut, that was fun! Thanks also, for the advice. See you guys in a couple weeks!