Monday, December 12, 2005

Oh crap, COLDS!

Tonight I had a horrible work out experience. And at the same time, the best. I was doing treadmill, which I only do about once every 4th or 5th work out. After my 5 minute warm up, I went to start my running pace and instead hit the wrong buttons and cleared out my display. Okay, no big deal, I'll just start running and go for 5 minutes less. So I start running and got into the "zone". That place where you feel great and you think your body can go forever. Well apparently I was a little too deep into the zone, because I wasn't paying attention to where my body was. All of a sudden, my hand swings up and slams the emergency stop button. Before I realized what happened, I looked down and all my stats had disappeared! I had no clue how far/long I had run. Bleh. SUCK!

So I did the only thing I could, I ran. And I just kept running. I ran until my body didn't think it could run anymore. And then I reminded it who's boss, and kept running. When I finally had to stop, I jacked the speed up and sprinted out the last 2 minutes. It was GREAT! Sure, I might have hurt myself but damnit, it felt too good to stop.

Back to the topic of todays post, Andrea has a cold. I might also have caught it, I'm not 100% sure yet. You know what that means! There is a chance Megan might get it. UUUUGGGGHHH. With how healthy she has been the last 2 months, I'm really not looking forward to her first cold. Obviously we can't protect her from germs forever, but I really wanted to delay as long as possible. Speaking of protecting her from germs, today was her 2 month check up and she got 3 vaccination shots. They weren't as bad as we thought they might be. Megan cried, but only a little. She didn't seem to notice too much.

Aside from my fitness achievements, I've also made a few other achievements this week. First off, it looks like I'm going to be in my Fantasy Football playoffs. How? I have no clue. I had Culpepper for half the season! Trust me, it's not like I had a strong place. I barely pulled out a 4th place spot. My record is tied with 3 other people, and I only just barely have a few more points then my brother for the 4th place spot. I feel kind of bad beating my brother out for the playoffs when he is the one that invited me to the league in the first place.

In addition, and probably the most impressive achievement this week... I finished Ninja Gaiden Black on MASTER NINJA MODE. Fear my ninja skillz. For they are great. Too bad most people will never understand just how hard Master Ninja is, but I will always know. Here is a quote that I originally read about it: (Team Ninja refers to the creators of the Game)

... the game also allows you to try the "Master Ninja" difficulty setting, which will be nearly impossible for most players. According to Tecmo, only one member of Team Ninja has been able to beat the game at this difficulty level, and they figure that there will only be about 1,000 people worldwide who can pull it off.
Could I be the only person in Minnesota to rule the Master Ninja? Quite possibly!

4 comments:

Steve Eck said...

Congratulations on beating Ninja Gaiden on Master Ninja mode, quite impressive!

Shawn said...

Thanks... Master Ninja mode is one of those things, where no matter what else you do in life, at least I will always be able to look back and say, "Thats right, I'm such a bad ass Ninja, I finished Master Ninja Mode."

And that ain't no joke! :-)

Anonymous said...

Well she hasn't gotten sick yet. I have been a hand-washing fool! Maybe she has anti-bodies from my milk? We can only hope...

brent said...

only shawn would follow the phrase=
"probably the most impressive achievement this week..." with something about a video game! not the workout stuff, but the game! heh but thats what makes shawn shawn.