Sunday, December 04, 2005

Triple X

In roman numerals, that's 30! Couple of my good friends turned 30 this past weekend. That means one thing - I must be turning 30 soon! I was always the youngest of my friends in school, that happens with a June birthday. When most of my friends were driving their junior year, I didn't get my license until my senior year. Same thing happened in college - when all my friends were going out to the bars their junior year, I couldn't join until my senior year!


I'm glad we were all able to get together. I wish we had more time to just sit around and reminisce. It made me once again think about one of my favorite songs, which I have quoted before on my blog:
Understand that friends come and go, but with a precious few you should hold on. Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and lifestyle, because the older you get, the more you need the people who knew you when you were young.

I hope that I can take another picture like this one, 30 years from now.

On the Megan front, we survived the first week of me at work and Andrea handling Megan over nights and days. A saving grace for Andrea was the Baby Bjorn infant carrier. I guess walking around the house with Megan in the carrier keeps her happy. Andi says the house is going to be very clean because of it.
Andrea is working very hard on studying Megans habits, eating and sleeping habits. She has kept a journal most of the week, writing down all the ins and outs. Eventually, the idea is to start putting her in the crib for a little bit at a time. Up until now, we haven't used the crib at all, so this will be a hard switch over but we realize it has to be done. More to report on that as it unfolds!

1 comment:

brent said...

heh, good stuff. glad i went.