Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Weight Maintain Challenge

The gauntlet has been thrown down! Tonight, Andrea and I weighed in for our Holiday Challenge to maintain our weights until the new year. We will weigh in again (I assume) on Jan 1st. Our weights were as follows:

Andrea:
147 pounds
Shawn:
192.5 pounds
I was happy with my number, cause it was slightly above what I expected it to be, so it should be that much easier to maintain. My actual goal for the end of the year is to be 186. (I was 190.5 after my run tonight!) It MIGHT be possible to hit that weight before Jan 1st, but honestly - I've come to realize that just being 190 by the end of the year will be a big accomplishment.

I watched this news show that said for an average 170 pound man to "work off" the typical 3000 calorie Thanksgiving feast, he would have to run a 10 minute mile for 2 and half hours. My first thought was, "That's it?" Hell, I just ran an hour tonight at a 9min mile, and I'm going to be running another hour and half on Friday. I'm basically already done working off my Thanksgiving!

Seriously though, I'm wanting to get this stupid goal weight of 183 pounds DONE in the next few months. Ideally, no later then the end of February. I need to start focusing on different aspects of my health, but until I get this weight goal off my plate, I can't seem to get motivated to do anything else. It's just the way I get so focused on things that I decide to do. I am definitely a person that has to finish what I start. I guess that's why I've beaten almost every video game I've ever played....

I'll try to post some Thanksgiving pictures tomorrow or Friday. Have a happy Turkey Day everyone!

No comments: