Monday, May 21, 2007

Short Week FTW

I'm really glad this week is only 4 days. I'm taking Friday off to enjoy a 4 day memorial day weekend. Nothing too big planned for the weekend. Shrek 3 with Andi and Megan on Friday, then I'm helping a friend move Saturday morning.

This morning started off on a bad note, and not just because it was Monday. First, my alarm wasn't set because I screwed up so I was up 20 mins late. Then to top that off, I had a not-so-good feeling which has developed into a full blown cold tonight. If I'm lucky, it might be a short lived cold that I can shake off by the half marathon on June 2nd.

Speaking of that, I thought maybe I'd just post here and personally invite you, yes YOU, reading this post, to come out and cheer me on for my first half marathon. I've never had anyone come out to cheer for me, so why not you? If you want to, here is an offical link to the course maps. Below is my home made trace of the course... it's a little odd, I'm not even sure the whole thing is paved.



You may have also noticed a new item on my side bar, which I shamelessly stole from Poignant Irrelevance. That is the theme of my blog after all, nothing original here! Just a cool little tracking program that shows all my runs. (and eventually bike rides...) I'm not sure if I'm going to go back and fill in all this years worth of data, maybe if I all of a sudden come across 2 hours of spare free time. Stranger things have happened.

On the topic of free time, I did get a Dungeons and Dragons session in this weekend. We finished the large "epic" adventure that I had put together over a period of a month back in, oh I don't know, Feburary? It took 3 sessions to get through everything I had planned, which technically speaking was only 1 more then I thought it would. Too bad those 3 sessions took place over 4 months. Not quite sure where it will go next if anywhere, time will tell.

Gotta go put the Megster to bed now, and try and get some decent sleep myself.

1 comment:

brent said...

i checked your route on google earth and it does appear that black dog road is paved. we'll see. i've never run an "out and back" race of this length so it should be interesting.