Friday, May 25, 2007

Shrek, Weekend, New Goal, OH MY!

The 4 day weekend has begun! And off to a great start. Last night I ended up wussing out on a planned bike ride with Steve because I couldn't handle the cold, and ran inside instead. This morning however, was perfect weather for an outdoor run and I was able to get an excellent 9 miler in.

After that, we got ready to do an early showing of Shrek 3 at 10:30am, before Megan's nap. She got really bored half way through the previews, who doesn't? Eventually when the movie started she got very excited and sat through the first 20 minutes or so. We thought she would have sat through it more, but alas, the possibilities to explore a giant theater were just too much. Anytime Puss'N Boots came on screen she would stop and just start clapping and smiling. Overall, I think she had a good time, but still not quite ready to sit through a whole movie. If we do it again, we will try to time it differently, to go during a "low-energy" point of Megan's day, so she might be more apt to just sit and enjoy the movie.

Lastly, I can't say enough good things about Ben, the creator of Buckeye Outdoors, the new online exersize logging web site I am using. I was able to dump all my run data for this year into an Excel file and send it to him, and he manually loaded into his web site for me! So now I have a years worth of data for the world to see. Me? Show off? I don't know what your talking about.

The thing I noticed was the total milage for the year. Seeing that total lead me to finally nail down a new goal for the year. My first thought was 1000 miles total for the year. Nice round number... but I realized that would be a little too easy to achieve. I'm already half way there and not even half the year. And since the whole point is to set the bar higher to push myself, I've set a goal of running 1200 miles in a single year. I think I can do it, but it's going to require a continuious level of running. But it's exactly what I need to keep me motivated, as lately I've found myself wanting to just quit in the middle of runs.

Time to play some World of Warcraft... I could be in the processing of being sucked back in!

No comments: