Saturday, May 19, 2007

In Loving Memory

Today's post is a short message in honor of my Father, Michael David Anderson. 16 years ago today, he passed away from a heart attack. I never even memorized the exact date until a few years ago. If you asked me why I didn't know the date, I don't think I could even say. It's strange to think that I've been alive for more years without him then with.

I may not even be remembering this correctly, because I've learned that my memory around that time is very disjointed and sometimes totally wrong. After his passing, there was something that my brothers elementary school did in his honor. They planted four trees for him in the front area of the school. I believe it might have been a boy scout troop that actually did it. Those trees are still there, and to this day they bring a smile to my heart and remind me of my Dad every time I drive by. I may not think about him every day, but at least once a week, and I still miss him just the same.

No comments: