Monday, August 20, 2007

Grey Monday

I'd rather have the rain then the blazing heat. Still not the perfect weather, but a step in the right direction. Despite the fact that I got a bike ride in this weekend, I still didn't get use out of the bike rack on my car, which was sorta the whole point. Suppose I'll put that off yet again...

Megan seems to be getting taller by the minute. She still hasn't figured out how to climb over the DVD barracade, but it's coming. The latest is that she knows how to reach around to the back side of the downstairs gate and lift the release lever. Luckily it is pretty loud when she does this, so we can rush over.

I'm going to try and use the next 24 hours to forget about work and once again, focus on the important things in life. I'm remembering my attitude about my first job at Micron, and how it ultimately burned me out. The belief that *I* had to fix everything, and that EVERYTHING was my responsibility because there was no one else competent enough to get it done or do it right. I need to turn that off. I need to just go in, put my time in, and go home. It's very hard for me to turn it off, but if it doesn't happen, I can see myself getting burned out all over again.

In the meantime, enjoy some pictures of Megan.



Megan's future is so bright, she has to wear shades. (again!)


Just lounging around Sunday afternoon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an adorable little family I have!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Melanie has the same blue eyed girl shirt!! :) I also wanted to tell you, Shawn that you sound like you have the exact same problem about work that I had. I had a high stress, deadline oriented job that I was better at than most of my coworkers which put more responsibilities on me. I would go home and could not stop thinking about work! I also worked a ton of overtime (for which I was paid time and half!) but it still sucked working 50+ hour weeks. I wish I had the solution for you, but I never found one. That's why I now love my life as a stay-at-home mom and don't miss working outside the home one bit!!! Now I have a whole new kind of stress - but it's much more worth it!