Sunday, August 12, 2007

Too Hot Weekend

Let me start off by saying thank you to the people offering vacation spots. It's nice to know that if push came to shove and I needed to get away for awhile or risk going mental, I have a few options!

I'm sitting here with a massive headache, that's my own fault for not planning ahead. I went for a long run this morning and didn't take any Excedrin afterwards. We then proceeded on a road trip and an afternoon outside in the sun. It all compounded to give me quite the headache. Luckily, we are safe back home and the Excedrin is already kicking in. Man do I love that stuff.

Mostly stayed inside this weekend to escape the heat. I ended up not even leaving the house on Saturday! Some thunderstorms blew through on Friday night around 3am. It was the worst storms we've had in quite awhile. I don't think it was the sirens that woke me up, but the overall sounds of the storm kept me up for awhile. Very annoying, and caused me to be very tired the next morning. At least it was a bit cooler today, hopefully it will stay that way.

Today we made a quick trip down to Lafayette to goto a Church Picnic. It was nice, but I didn't realize Megan's grandparents would be working so hard. They got to see Megan a little bit, and when the heat started to get to us, we had to head home. I also got to see the new Bieraugel house being built... Maybe more on that later this week! Here are a pair of pictures from today:

Megan looking cool as we head out on our trip today.


Megan enjoying her first ever root beer float. Might have set the bar a little high having your first ever root beet float with 1919 Root Beer, straight from the keg.

No comments: