Monday, May 19, 2008

Pictures, quick

As the lines between negativity, apathy, and daily survival blur together in my head to the point where I can't even focus... Let's stick to some pictures and save the good stuff for another day shall we?

This weekend, Megan and I enjoyed some quality alone time, as Andrea was down visiting her parents helping with a garage sale they were doing. Friday night we hit the park and gelato, while Saturday morning we had a fun time at a local free "family fun days" at a Lakeville school. In reality, it was an attempt for some local businesses to connect to the community with some not to subtle advertising mixed in. Overall there was a lot of fun for the kids. Not to mention, TONS of free food. From Perkins mini muffins, to Subway, to Domino's pizza.

Megan was excited to go, as I talked up the morning events. She had her car keys and purse ready!



Megan playing musical dots with help from Grandma. (Grandma helped a lot that day!)



This next picture requires an explanation, before people think I just like to torture my daughter for picture amusement. Megan saw this thing and WANTED to go inside. She even waited in line for her turn, and she NEVER waits her turn. When the door was opened up for her, she ran straight inside... Once the money started going, she just kinda froze up, but didn't freak out or anything. After it was turned off, she seemed to have had a fun time and grabbed a hand full of dollars on her way out.



Megan was also chasing the school mascots (Cougar and Panther) around, making the cat sign and growling sounds.



Sunday brought a big surprise for me... You see, I had this grand idea to try fixing my garden this year. I mentioned it to my Mom, and next thing I know she and John show up at my door step with a tiller, top soil, and some flowers! So what the hell, we dived right in. I took back seat to the gardening masters and just kinda went along with the flow.

Not a true before picture, as the garden itself was completely over run with tons of grass/weeds.



Megan even added some help, carrying over the flowers.



The finished product... Do I qualify as a gardener? Hardly.



Check back in a week, see if anything survived. And for the record, I am now the proud owner of a hose. I won't even get into what a fiasco that was...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I get it, but would you really say you are "proud" to own a hose? ;)