Wednesday, May 07, 2008

uncustomized-post-template

It's past midnight on a night I thought, "Hey, I bet I could get some extra sleep tonight." I decided to go ahead and start tinkering with my blog layout, updating to use the new templates. I then proceeded to spend 3 hours getting it tweaked to just how I want it. The last 45 minutes were spent fixing this lame thing where the comments link was no longer right justified.


See how that looks? Compared to how it looks down below? Ya... so I get a bit obsessed sometimes. It ended up requiring that I stick the aforementioned title of this blog post somewhere deep in the bowels of bloggers junk.

I'm not done tweaking the layout yet, because I think it's time for a new header picture. It might take me awhile to find something new that I like, but by the end of the weekend something should be up.

In other news, this is just the sort of thing that happens when you don't find a replacement hobby. Putting aside my World of Warcraft playing wasn't that big a deal, but I still haven't found something else to do in it's place. I've tried a few video games, they've all been meh. I pored a bunch of time/thought into creating a D&D character for a campaign that may or may not even happen, to be run by someone else, while spam emailing everyone trying to make sure the first session happens. Last weekend I went to three movies on Sunday.

Blarg, why must I do everything in extremes?

On the plus side, there have been a few nights of extra sleep, and lots of fun time with Megan and Andrea. Last night, around 8:30pm, Megan just laid down near me down stairs while I was on the couch. So I jumped down and laid next to her and we talked and played. Then I moved her to her bedroom where we drifted off to sleep together, with her hand resting on my cheek. That was undoubtedly the highlight of my day.

No comments: