Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Hospital visit

My brother Scott was sick this morning, I wasn't sure with what. I had called home to talk to him about something else and his only words to me were "You have no idea how much pain I am in right now." I was a tad worried to be honest. I messaged Val to see if she knew what was up, but she didn't know much more either. Later in the day, I find out he is going to see a doctor that very afternoon. Now, to get a male Anderson into the doctor is damn near impossible. As soon as I heard Scott had made an appointment that day, I knew something worse was up.

Turns out it was something worse. Scott had appendicitis! After a few tests and a CT scan, it was confirmed. Scott had to have his appendix removed. Although it's a common procedure, it's always scary when a family member has to go under the knife. As you can see, Scott was not in a very good mood for company. He was in a lot of pain, I'm sure it was the longest day ever. Seemed like he was just looking forward to being knocked out. He was in good enough mood to do his Christopher Walken impression, because, he had a fever, and the only prescription, was more cowbell!

The speed of this whole thing was a bit crazy. His surgery was tonight right after the tests came back. The doc said it went totally fine. He is recovering and should be home by this weekend.

On a more positive note, today is the month 7 mark for me and Andrea!! She is feeling great, and we are very excited. We still haven't got very far on the name front. Our little girl likes to kick alot, but of course, never when I'm feeling for it! Andrea wanted me to take some pictures at the 7 month mark. Here is one I thought I'd share - check back for more in the coming months!


And of course I'm sure everyone is very worried about my Alienware - it's back in working order. Rob from Decision One was nice enough to come out and replace my motherboard and wala, it's working fine again. Oh ya, one last thing I wanted to share with everyone. Last week Andrea made some of the cutest cupcakes I've ever seen, and I just had to share them with everyone. Take a look!


Those are rolo's for ears, rootbeer jelly belly beans for eyes, and the cutest little marshmellow noses!

No comments: