Sunday, July 17, 2005

In other news...

Something else I wanted to share with everyone. It seems that my body is reacting to some of the changes I've been making. I've lost those initial 10 pounds you always end up losing really fast after make drastic changes to your calorie input/output.

I've actually been floating around 300 for a year or more now and this is the first time I've actually had noticeable weight loss. It's motivating to see results already. I don't have any particular weight goals in mind, but I have decided that if I can lose another 10 pounds by October, my reward will be a membership to Lifetime fitness.

I've been trying to figure out why I think I will be successful this time. The answer I've come up with is Choice. Intellectually, people are usually aware of the bad choices they make, I know I am. Yet I would continually make choices that were bad for my health. What I've come to realize is that it wasn't the individual bad choices that were guiding my actions, but the overall choice to NOT CARE about my health. I think for the first time, I've made the choice to BE healthy, and the rest of the day to day choices just sort of fall into place. I know it sounds cheesy, and a lot like a quote from the Matrix. (Choose the Red pill or the Blue pill?) But it works for me, so I guess that's all that matters.

Now I just need to figure out where all these damn ants are coming from! I know I eat at my computer a lot, but it's pretty clean right now. No food leftovers, no pop cans, etc. STUPID ANTS!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn man, your feet are ugly!

brent said...

u da man. kick some butt. what happens if i take the blue and the red pill?

Shawn said...

Mike!! Whats up man, email me sometime?? And ya, can't do much with my size 13 feet. They are gonna be ugly!

Thanks "B", maybe next year sometime we will be able to go running together. :-)