Sunday, July 10, 2005

Weekend excitement

Or lack there of. Didn't do much of anything this weekend. Scott came back home Thursday afternoon, mainly because he couldn't get any sleep in the hospital. He is doing better and is up and around okay. Andrea and I saw Fantastic Four on saturday morning. I've decided to create a seperate section for movie reviews, since I pretty much see movies every weekend, I figure I won't fill up my blog with nothing but movie reviews. So, you can see my reviews posted here!

My AC shut off again yesterday, again on the hottest day ever. By 6pm it was 75 degrees in my house. This just drives me nuts and put me in a bad mood for the rest of the day. I finally decided to call the electric company again, the conversation went something like this:

Me: Hi, I'm calling because my AC is not turning on. I checked everything they had me check before, and nothing seems wrong.
Electric company: We'll, we are controlling right now.
Me: What does that mean?
Electric company: Can you hold one moment?
Me: Yah, okay.
[3 minutes later]
Electric company: Sorry about that, we are controlling right now.
Me: Okay, what exactly does that mean?
Electric company: Your AC should be going on for 15 minutes and then off for 15 minutes.
Me: Well it doesn't seem to be going on at all.
Electric company: How long has it been off?

At this point, I wanted to say, "WHO CARES HOW LONG ITS BEEN OFF, ITS TOO DAMN HOT IN MY HOUSE!!!" I also realized, that the air had probably only been off for a few hours, so I decided to answer as civil as I could.

Me: Its been off since this afternoon.
Electric company: We will be done controlling at... 10:30. No, 11pm. No wait, 10pm, sorry, getting my military time all mixed up.
Me: Okay, so it should come back on at 10pm?
Electric company: Yes, if it doesn't then we really have a problem.
Me: Okay thanks.

Sure enough, it came back on at 10pm. I realize we don't have unlimited power and all, but damn, stop controling my AC!

Tonight Andrea and I went to a birthday party for one of Andrea's old highschool friends. It's at the Biaggi's in Eden Prairie. If it wasn't ackward enough not knowing anyone, we showed up at 7pm and it started at 6pm. At least it made it easy to just order a salad, which was cool. Next weekend we are going to Andrea's 10 year high school reunion... should be interesting to say the least.

3 comments:

Steve Eck said...

Sounds like you signed up for the off-peak energy program. That gets you a reduced charge per kwh, in exchange for letting them turn your ac on and off when energy usage is high (ie when it is hot out).

brent said...

screw that man, tell them to let go of your AC! that would drive me crazy. that sucks! i can't believe your bro was in the hostipal, that is crazy. hope the recovery goes fine.

Shawn said...

Andrea tells me that we were forced to sign up for that off-peak energy thing when we moved in, and we couldn't opt out of it. Could it be part of our association? I'll have to check in to that, because it just drives me crazy.

Bro is doing great, he's feeling way better now and enjoying his excuse to stay home from work this week.