Sunday, July 17, 2005

The Reunion

Well, I survived. After a nice hour and half drive down to Lafayette, we met up at Laura's parents house in New Ulm before heading down to George's Bar. Of all the things I wasn't looking forward too, awkward conversations, having to repeat my job description 20 times or getting through the evening without a stiff drink. None of them compared to what we were in store for. After arriving to George's bar, my worst nightmare was confirmed - THERE WAS NO AIR CONDITIONING! To say it was "hot" inside would be an understatement. It was dripping sweat while not even moving hot. It was completely unbearable. On the plus side, the sweltering heat made for a good excuse to leave rather quickly.

Andrea was just glad to see her old friends and she said she had fun. I told her she owed me big time for having to deal with that heat and being that uncomfortable. Only one person told me I looked like Kevin Smith, bonus! On the drive home she told me I'd never have to go to another one - I'll get to stay home with the kids. WOOHOO!!



We also saw the movie Wedding Crashers on Friday night. It was enjoyable, pretty funny. Check out my movie reviews section for a more detailed review.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOOOHOOO :-)
http://my-best-shot.blogspot.com/