Monday, September 26, 2005

The Countdown Begins

Friday night was the ultimate last AD&D session with me as Dungeon Master. I'd like to say the final session was a culmination of all the hard work and interesting story lines I had dreamed up. Instead, it was my players arguing about whether or not they should avoid a confrontation with the "bad guy" of the whole story. They must have argued for a good hour about what direction to travel in. Oh well, I gave it my best shot. Maybe I wasn't cut out to be a GM, maybe I will be a better player. Time will tell!

On Saturday I did something I haven't done in a long time. I sat around my house, played video games, and that was about it. It helped that Andrea had all these other plans like meeting up with a friend of hers for lunch and doing church things at night. I must have got a solid 12 hours of gaming in. Mainly I did it because I was resting, I had just biked 25 miles the two previous days, but I also did it in part because I know I won't have many 12 hour gaming days in the near future and it just seemed fitting to get one last one in.

Sunday I went out for a quick bike ride even though it had been raining all weekend. It stopped long enough for me to get a 10-mile ride in. Turns out my bike isn't quite designed for riding in wet conditions and I took my first spill of the season. Considering how much I have biked this summer, I figure if this my only accident I'll be happy. I just slightly scrapped my hand and bruised/scrapped my right upper leg.

Sunday afternoon we attended a "Dance for Dollars" - it was a fund raiser for the hurricane victims. It was put on by 6-year old Marselienna. I guess the whole thing was her idea and her parents just helped put it on. She came up this interpretive dance all on her own. I might be getting video of the dance later, if I do I will post it here. It's definitely something worth keeping, she did an awesome job and even found a way to include her younger sister in the act. Just precious!

I have no clue how this week is going to proceed from here so I figured I'd get a post in while I can. I'm nervous, scared, excited, and freaking out all at once. I know it's even harder on Andrea, I can hardly imagine. Somehow we will get through this week!

No comments: