Thursday, September 01, 2005

Wind blows. Or does it suck?

My bike ride tonight was just horrible. Even as I stepped off the bus after work, I knew it would be bad. There had to easily be a 15mph wind with 20mph gusts. It made it very hard to even get any momentum going. I toughed it out, but my legs are probably more sore then most rides I've done.

This weekend is going to be crazy busy, but I'm looking forward to it. Saturday we are having a Labor Day get together, one last hurrah before the baby arrives. Then that night I'm doing my first ever Fantasy Football draft. I'm sure I will suck it up, but it should be fun. My brother has been doing it for a few years now and I just wanted to get involved. Then the plan is to play some AD&D after that and I'm sure we will go until 4am again. I still have to do some setup for that, in fact I should probably be doing that now.

Monday Andrea and I are going to the Feast of Fantasy. I've been to the Ren Fest many times over the years, but I've never done the Feast. I figured we'd do something new for a change. Someone I work with has been a part of the Ren Fest for over 10 years and she recommended the feast. Should be quite a busy but fun weekend!

One of my old college friends moved to New Orleans at the beginning of this year. He setup a blog which I've added to my link section, "To be determined..." Thankfully, he made it out of New Orleans okay and has made his way back up to Minnesota. I'm hoping to talk to him soon and find out more details on how he is doing and what his plans are. The media sure is doing a good job of painting the worst picture ever of what's going on down there.

No comments: