Monday, September 11, 2006

Fantasy Football, week 1

Originally I was going to post about Fantasy Football today, but the performance of my team has prompted me to not even bother. Let's just say, my number one pick got a whopping 3 points. I'll post my team next week and maybe only every other week after that.

Yesterday was the 30 mile St. Paul Bike Classic. The weather left something to be desired. It was cold and misting rain all morning. We tried to make the best of it, and enjoyed free cookies at every rest stop. There were 4 of us biking together this year! Not quite sure we will be able to top that next year, but who knows! One of my friends just recently bought a new GPS distance tracker thingy, that comes with an online service where you can upload your trips. So you can see an exact map of our bike ride here.

This week should hopefully go by fast, as I will be taking my first day off of work this Friday and heading up to a cabin up north in Brainerd. We will be staying at Gull Four Seasons Resort with a large group of people from Friday to Sunday. We are going to drop Megan off at my Aunt & Uncle's in St. Cloud. I'm really looking forward to the trip. The relaxing time will also be filled with some serious exercise, pending weather conditions. Hopefully I will be doing a really nice run and maybe a bike ride on Paul Bunyan trail, which I did last year at the end of August.

Back to watching the Vikings game... They have a challenging season ahead of them, I will be interesting to see how it all plays out. Hopefully they will do better then my fantasy football team.

No comments: