Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Good with the Bad

There is a cost for everything in life. And as much fun as this past weekend was, it came with it's own cost. For me, it was a huge set back on my health goals despite the fact that I ran 10 miles on Saturday. At the same time, I didn't really stop myself from enjoying the rest of the weekend. This meant lots of food and lots of drinking. By Sunday afternoon I wasn't feeling well at all, and the scale was telling me I gained 5 pounds over the weekend. Ugggh.

It was a good lesson though... I let the pendulum swing too far in one direction. Now I have to readjust and let it swing back too far in the other direction. These next two weeks leading up to October 1st will be tough but good for me. Because I already know that come October 2nd, I'll be wondering what next?

I've written in the past about Andreas ability to get free things. This week is yet another prime example. On Friday, she will be going to lunch as a "mystery shopper" at The Capital Grill. Neither of us have been there before, but she gets to go with a $60 budget and enjoy whatever she wants! Then she just has to fill out a survey of her experience.

Then on Saturday, she got us a free lunch at The Edina Grill. This one might not be "whatever we want", because the point of this one is testing out the new menu. So there might be some specific dishes they want people to try and provide input on. But again, the lunch is going to be free for the both of us. Damn!

5 comments:

brent said...

the cap grill is freakin' super expensive. dinner for 2 plus wine would be at least $100. hopefully lunch is cheaper!! one of the guys i work with absolutely loves that place though.

brent said...

you guys will like the edina grill. i like their breakfast the best. the chicken sandwich is good too.

Anonymous said...

I could have sworn that Andi said that the Edina grill was Saturday cause she asked me to watch Megan. Is it Saturday or Sunday?
G

Shawn said...

It's saturday... blog has been corrected. :-)

Steve Eck said...

I think you are being way too hard on yourself about weight gain over the weekend. The weight will come right off as soon as you start exercising again. It was probably mostly water weight anyways.

If you can't go and have fun for a weekend, what is the point.