Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Coulda done without that

As if this week wasn't rough enough, I come home tonight to see this:



Seriously, kick me while I'm down. I suppose it was bound to happen sometime. Nothing lasts forever right? Just wish it wasn't water damaged ceilings. I wouldn't even begin to know how to start fixing it myself. Should I just start sawing sheet rock in hopes I can get to whatever is leaking? And then even if I do, how will I actually fix it? Wait, what am I talking about. This would all require TOOLS that I don't own... Not to mention this is directly above my computers. I'd have to move it all out of the way so they didn't get covered in sheet rock dust.

I have one theory on what the problem might be. Actually, it's what I really hope it might be. You see, that long line leads directly to a shower head in the bathroom on the other side of that wall. We haven't turned that shower on in months, maybe even a full year or more. Today, that shower was cleaned. There is a high chance that perhaps the shower was actually turned on during that cleaning process, and maybe, just MAYBE, the leak is actually from the pipes feeding to the shower itself.

So why would I really hope that is in fact the problem? Because if it is, it's not an immediate concern! I would be able to ignore it for a long time... Okay, well not forever obviously. But you know, at least until Megan grows old enough to take showers down here. That's what, at least another year right?!

I have to confirm with Andrea if the shower was turned on later tonight, when she gets home from Police Academy. I'll post a blog update once I validate or debunk my theory.

No comments: